• B.Sc, M.Ed, Ph.D, M.S ( Counseling & Psychotherapy), M.Phil (Counseling & Guidance) and Post Doctoral Research (British Council Fellow, UK)
• M.Ed. Dissertation: Cognitive Development of Educable Mentally Retarded Children
• Ph.D. Thesis :Diagnosis and Remediation of Dyslexia - An Attempt
• Project Work Submitted to M.S. (Counseling and Psychotherapy) Course: Paranoid Personality Disorder and Dependent Personality Disorder as Primary Causes of Family and Marital Adjustment Problems.
• M.Phil. Thesis: Diagnosing Specific Personality Disorders in Non-Clinical Population Employing DSM -IV Criteria and Behavioral Analysis Technique.
Short Term Courses Attended
1. Attended a 3-Day Basic Portage Workshop in Accordance with Guidelines laid down by the National Portage Association and Organized by National Portage Association, UK., June 1991 ( sponsored by British Council, UK.).
2. Attended a Workshop on Severe Language and Communication Difficulties, University of Sheffield, Organized by the National Autistic Society, U.K on 1st July 1991 (Sponsored by British Council, UK).
3. Training on SPSS Package organized by Department of Measurement and Evaluation at NCERT, New Delhi, Jan 2000.
4. Specialized Training: Orientation Programme on Policy Analysis for Teacher Educators, Department of Educational Policy, NUEPA, New Delhi, October 20 - 22, 2009.
1. SCERT, Karnataka Fellowship for doing Research for M.Ed. Dissertation in the area of Special Education and Elementary Education, 1979 - 80.
2. Prize for Highest Marks in M.Ed. Dissertation, from Mysore University, 1980.
3. National Award for die Best Paper was given by NCERT New Delhi, 1981
4. Junior Research Fellowship, University of Mysore, 1981-84,
5. British Council Fellowship under TCTP, to do Post Doctoral Research Work, at the Centre for Educational Guidance and Special Needs, School of Education University of Manchester, UK, 1990 -91.
6. Professional Member of RCI, Govt. of India.
7. .Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal Dyslexia-Theory and Practice, Interscience UK
8. Honorary Member, Madras Dyslexia Association, Madras.
9. Honorary Consultant for Special Education Division, United Earth Peace Academy,
10. Life Member of Neuro-Psychiatry Association, Mysore.
11. Life Member of Swadeshi Vijnana, Andolana Karnataka.
12. Honorary Life Member of British Dyslexia Association, The National Organization
for Specific Learning Difficulties, UK.
13. Life Member of World Association for Psychological Rehabilitation (WAPR), Indian Chapter. Member of Executive Committee of Indian Chapter of WAPR from Dec. 2016 onwards.
13. Honorary Member of Advisory Committee for the Project on Learning Disability,
Sadnana Trust (NGO), Madurai which offers services to the field of MR and LD,
14. Honorary Member of Advisory Committee for the Project on Learning Disability, Leaning Centre(NGO), Calicut which offers services to the field of LD, from 2010 onwards.
15. Life Associate Member of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists.
16. Life Associate Member of Indian Psychiatric Society.
17. Life member of Indian Association of Psychotherapy.
18. Life member of Association of School Psychology.
19. Life Member of Indian Academy of Applied Psychology
Professional Experience (Brief)
Employed in Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Mysuru [an Undertaking of MHRD, Govt. of India] for the last 32 years; Professor of Special Education from 2001 and Dean of Instruction from 2016 onwards.
Teaching and research experience for the last 32 years in the area of Educational Psychology, Special Education, Research Methodology and Counselling Psychology;
Coordinated many In-service Programmes and Extension Service Activites in the area of Special Education, Guidance and Counselling.
Guided Eleven Ph.D students in the area of special education , psychology and counseling; guiding Four students in the same areas;
Conducted many individual/ collaborative/ consultancy research projects; Collaborated in research projects carried out in India and USA
Presented research papers in many national and international conferences; Presented papers in International / World Congresses at England , Greece, Japan, Thailand , UAE and India organized by professional bodies.
Published many research papers in the national and international journals as well as the books in the areas of Special Education, particularly developmental disabilities.
One of the authors of the International Hand Book on Dyscalculia and Mathematical Disabilities ( Rouledge Publishers, UK., 2014).
Member of Faculty Council, BOS and BOE’s, of various Universities and National Institutes. Doctoral Committee Member of NIMHANS, Rural Gandhi Gram university, AIISH and RIEM.
Carried out many Assignments of MHRD and UGC . One of the Panel Member for National Ranking System of Institutions.
C) Consultation Service To Parents And Teachers Of Children And Adolescents With Learning Problems And Behaviour Problems
D) Providing guidance, Counseling and Psychotherapy Services to the needy
Interest In Other Activities
a. Published two novels and collection of poems in Kannada.
b. Written articles in leading newspapers and give Radio Talks..
c. Traveled extensively in India and Abroad.
Website : s-ramaa.net