• Currently working as professor of education at RIE, Mysore and prior to this he worked as Head Department of Extension Education at RIE, Bhopal.
• Graduation and post graduation from RIE, Mysore and has secured 2nd Rank from the university of Mysore for Post-Graduation.
• Ph.D in Education (Critical Thinking) from Goa University and Diploma in Higher Education from IGNOU.
• Started the career as a TGT in Kendriya Vidyalaya and on qualifying UGC-NET JRF switched over to teacher education and completed 25 years of service as Teacher Educator.
• He has held various administrative/academic Positions in the Committees of the Institute, University, State, national and international level organizations.
a) UGC visiting fellow of Bharathidasan University, Pondicherry University, and M.S.University of Baroda.
b) Member of Board of Studies in Education of Bharathidasan University, Goa University and Kannur University.
c) Consultant to Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada and Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA), New Delhi for development and offering MOOC/OER and for Programme Evaluation.
d) Member of consultancy group to NIOS for implementing MHRD/UNFPA supported Adolescence Education Programme (AEP) by developing e-lessons for Life Skill Education.
e) Member of the steering committee for the Technology Assisted Learning Programme of the Government of Karnataka.
f) Member of the core group of experts in implementing the e-learning portal by IGNOU.
g) Member of various committees of NCERT, MHRD, and NCTE.
• Attended and organised various national and international seminars and conferences and was a Key Note Speaker and Chief Guest for many.
• As the Head, Department of Extension Education, he was responsible for planning, coordinating and supporting the implementation of the Professional Development Training Programmes of the Institute for the teachers and other educational functionaries of 5 western states of India- Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra including Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu.
• Has many national and international publications to his credit and completed about 10 national/ regional level projects.
• He won Intel award in 2005 and UNESCO award in 2007 at Bangkok for his effort in ICT integration in Teacher Education.
• He was trained in National Assessment Test Design and Psychometric Methods at Educational Testing Service (ETS), Princeton, USA and was a coordinator for the National Achievement Survey.
• He is a Government of India Nominee for selection of teachers for the National Award (President’s Award) and was in the committee for many states and UTs.
• He is a member of the Jury for National ICT Award for Teachers (President’s Award) since 2014.
• He is a Ph.D. Research Guide of Barkatullah University and University of Mysore and two scholars have been awarded Ph.D under his guidance and currently 6 more candidates are pursuing their Ph.D. under his guidance. He has also adjudicated the thesis of many universities.
• An expert in educational technology with special interest in ICT for Constructivist Pedagogy, Dr.Paily has been deeply involved in promoting ICT integration in education through workshops, conferences, publications, research, and consultancy.
• Conducted about 250 training and development programmes through Academic Staff Colleges, Navodaya Leadership Institutes, Rotary Clubs, Goa Management Association, Regional Institutes of Education, K.V.ZIET, SCERT, IGNOU and NCERT.
• He has expertise in e-learning (LMS-Moodle), E-portfolio (Mahara), Website Development (CMS- Joomla, Drupal), e-content creation (eXe, Xerte, LAMS, VUE) and a host of other open source software including open conference system.
• His hobby is Photography and Concept Mapping.