Orientation on ICTs in Education and Learning for State Resource Groups (SRGs)
Programme is scheduled on Jan 3rd, 2018 at RIE, Mysore for Southern Region State (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Union Territories of Pondicherry and Lakshadweep)
The objectives of this programme are to:
1. Sensitize the stakeholders on ICTs in Education Initiatives taken up by the MHRD-Govt. of India and CIET-NCERT
2. Demonstration of the ICT Curriculum developed for School Education systems
3. Explain the process of e-content development and their validation process
4. Define the concept of ICT-Pedagogy Integration and assistive technologies
5. Digitize the State/UTs (SCERT/SIE/Boards of School Education) textbooks
6. Testing of digitized materials/ e-books/e-contents
7. Demonstrate the process of mobile app development
8. Uploading of e-books/e-contents on NROER/e-pathshala/MOOCs portal and
9. State/ UTs portals/ website/ mobile apps.
This training will be conducted in a face-to-face mode. There will be presentations and demonstrations by the Resource persons which also includes discussions. As seen from the time table below, out of 20 business sessions more than 12 i.e. 60% are allotted for hand-on and group activities. Active participation of all the participants is solicited.
It may be seen from the programme schedule that most of the resource persons are CIET-NCERT faculty and technical team members. Only few members have been included from other institutions in the resource team to share their expertise.